Re: How to get R tires

To: Marc <indyspat@flash.net>, "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to get R tires
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:19:59 -0500
At 07:14 PM 6/17/99 , Marc wrote:
>How would I go about getting some R tires?  I looked at the Tire rack
>and would rather not have them shipped as it adds like $60.  I went into
>my local Discount tire and when I said I wanted an Autocross tire the
>guy looked at me like I was just making up the word autocross.  I am in
>Dallas/Fort Worth any idea's on where to go?

you want -- there is no manufacturer or model "Autocross".  ;^)
Ask for a Kumho V700 -- they'll say no problem.
Ask for a Yoko A032R or BFG G-Force R-1 -- they'll get it for you.
Don't ask for Toyo RA-1 -- they don't have those.
I don't know about Hoosiers.

I've always been torn between supporting Tire Rack, with their very
helpful and knowledgable sales force, and my local Discount Tire,
with their quality tire installation equipment, willingness to try
sizes, and cheaper prices (due to the lack of shipping and install
charges).

So, if I want to ask for "give me a good tire for X", then I'll ask
and buy from Tire Rack.  If I want to try a tire that I'm not sure
will fit, I buy from Discount Tire.  If I know exactly the tire I
want and simply need it installed, I support my local installer (Discount
Tire).  Unless of course, I want a tire they don't sell, and then I am
back to Tire Rack.

Cheers,

Brian

P.S.  I use the Discount Tire at Grapevine Mills mall -- but I think
all the DFW Discount Tires are essentially the same.  And there are
at least four within 5 minutes from my house.