Re: tire storage

To: "D. Barry Stubbs" <z24man@earthlink.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire storage
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:34:23 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: D. Barry Stubbs <z24man@earthlink.net>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 1999 8:10 PM
Subject: tire storage

> I've read that your not supposed to store your race tires in the heat or
> next to an electric motor (that makes no sense to me).  But what about
> the orientation of the wheel & tire during storage.  Should you lay it
> down on its shoulder, or leave it standing on the tread?

It probably doesn't matter much, but in the off-season, I lay 'em on their
sides -- that distributes the load across a greater area.  During the
season, it definitely doesn't matter -- after all, you "store" the tires on
your car on their tread for short periods, with far more weight on them.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr