Re: Karts

To: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Karts
From: Dave Head <rally2xs@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:33:56 -0400
At 12:31 PM 6/18/99 +0000, you wrote:
>> From:          Dave Head <rally2xs@csi.com>
>
>> Do I have to
>> follow the National series and ProSolo series to run karts?
>

>     No.  It's up to the individual regions.  I'm in Houston Region
>(they do karts) so I can't provide info for your area.  Find the
>contact phone # for each region and ask them about karts.

Ok, I hope we can hear from someone that's <= to 300 mi from
Fredericksburg, Va. yet, whose region runs F125.  Houston is a bit of a
stretch for everyday competition from Virginia <G>

>> Only other problem with this scenario is that I absolutely SUCK at Solo II
>> - generally finish last in class, but I think I can get better (I always
>> think that... <G>)  Even if I don't, driving karts is still a hoot...
>

>     Practice makes perfect.  I try to run two events a month.

Yeah - one of the reasons for my perfomance is I could only get in 1 event
a year, which was such an embarrassment that I didn't want to go near
another solo course for that long! <G>  When I had the Shelby GLHS, it was
so fun I actually got in 3 solos in 1 year!  Woohoo - I think I actually
beat 2 cars...

Dave Head