Re: Ride Alongs

To: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Subject: Re: Ride Alongs
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:16:28 -0500
Eric Moon wrote:.

......  Seat time, seat
> time, seat time....get more, walk more and put it all together.  It takes
> time, no one does it overnight or in a single season.  .......

Agreed about the seat time, we all need more of it!  Here's a ride along
solution used by the Milwaukee Region:

"Instructor Class" drivers can ride with anyone at any time during the
competition.  Just wave when your in line, and you will have an
officially sanctioned "hot shoe" sitting in the passenger seat pronto.
The hook is that Instructor Class is a seperate class.  They do not
compete head to head against the regular classes, they all compete
against each other as one class using the RTP or PAX index. (I forget
which is currently being used)  Most regions have some form of this,
calling it "PRO" class or something similar.  Works great, and I can say
that it defintely helps lots-o-folks steepen that learning curve.
Besides, when your at the official "hot shoe" level, seeing the course
from a passenger seat of a novice does not really do a lot for you
competitvely speaking.  IMO

Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese
95 DS Neon