Re: Good choices for ST

To: jhadler@rmi.net
Subject: Re: Good choices for ST
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 05:32:28 -0700 (PDT)
Josh writes:

> Why would you run a 15" wheel? You can get high
performance ST legal tires in a 215/50-13, why put
that much of a hurt in your gearing by going so much
taller? And I'd be fairly confident that a 215/50-13
on a 13x7, if properly backspaced would fit under a
Civic.

Uhm, how many 215/50R13 tires are there?  Last time I
searched Tire Rack, the only remotely interesting
model I came up with was the Sumitomo HTR 50H, which
isn't an ultra hi-po tire like the RE71 and SP8000.
otoh, I autoxed Sumi HTR100's a few times on my X1/9
and they worked okay.  I think selection really limits
ST'ers to 14" tires minimum though.

I've seen the Toyo Proxes T1+ do very well in our
local street tire class.  Plus, Toyo does have that
500 mile trial program...could get a whole season out
of that!  >;-)

Craig Blome