e: A Solution-well said

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: e: A Solution-well said
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:06:18 -0400
rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)

> anybody that drives pansy waste (... gate, pun intended) DSM cars don't
> know anything anyway. FWD!?!? gimme a break! Anybody who is nobody knows
> that live rear axles are "where it's at!"

> CP RUWLS!

Just FWI, the DSMs are one of the few grandfathered Prepared legal turbo cars,
and in fact go to ----> CP.

I've been trying to figure out what I want to do next season, and the idea of
going to CP is kinda attractive. Run whatever boost controls/turbo you want
(with a restrictor), use stock FI system (the AWD system makes up the weight
penalty) and slick-shod 16" wheels. Sounds like turbo/AWD Nirvana.

There's only 3 things holding me back:

1) I'm afraid I'd have to gut the car more than I'm (heh) prepared to. My Talon
is driven to work every day, and I kinda like my A/C and stereo.

2) $$$. How much is that nifty carbon-fibre hood?

3) Last year, I took a Talon Nationally to GS, and wound up in the centre of a
tornado. This year, I went to SP and hey! There's my tornado again. Tell me,
honestly, can I got to CP and NOT touch off another freakin' contoversy tornado?

Say "yes" and I'm there, baby! :)

> humor intended

And taken. :) But I'm serious about considering CP....

DG