Re: Evansville National Tour and Significant Other

To: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Evansville National Tour and Significant Other
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:14:06 -0500
> On a related note, since I assume that when I tech on Friday night,
>the car has to have the Kumho's on it, is there any way that I could
just
>leave the car at the event site so I don't have to swap tires each
morning
>and evening. Or do people just drive to thier hotels on thier R tires
at
>night? Please forgive the basic questions, as this is my first ever
National
>Tour event.
=========================
Well John, I haven't been to any National Tour events but I have been to
several Divisional and out of town two day events and most if not all of
the people who still need their car as transportation just drive around
that evening on their race tires.  I know I did/do.

It's not as rough on your race tires as you'd think.  Unless you've got
really radical alignment settings (like lots of toe, in or out) it's not
gonna amount to much wear at all.  I'd venture to guess that the amount
of wear is far less than even just one run on the autocross course.
Granted most people probably don't go on extended excursions while on
their race tires but there's usually a few things to drive to including
a Saturday night event dinner of some sort, ice cream parlors and maybe
even a movie.

Of course there's always the off-chance that you may run over a nail but
the chances of that are the same chances that you take in everyday
driving.

Basically, forget about it and use the extra time that you would have
spent changing tires each day to rest or walk the course again.

Just my opinion.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."