Re: SS - Kumho tire pressures ...

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SS - Kumho tire pressures ...
From: "Huffman, Justin" <jhuffman@poms.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:00:19 -0400
WHEELSPNR@aol.com wrote:
> I'd like some input on beginning tire pressures for Kumho 275's on a SS
vette
> .. any FS or ESP, BSP or SS drivers --- pls help !

For me, 37 front, 30 rear hot works the best.  I start out a pound or two
lower for the first run then bleed them after each run.  At these pressures,
if you aren't smooth you will scallop the outside edges of the tires.  If
you do that much, they will prematurely cord there.  So assuming you are new
to autocrossing on R tires, you might want to start 4 pounds higher or so.

I run a SS 96 non-Z51 Vette with 8.5" front, 9.5" rear rims.

Justin Huffman