Re: Turbo guys get screwed again

To: bfitz1@home.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:01:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/99 7:21:44 AM EST, bfitz1@home.com writes:

> Mr. Sharp,
>
> In all the recent update/backdate discussion of turbochargers, one
> question has not been answered definitively.  Is the backdated DSM
> turbocharger legal for the balance of the 1999 season?

Yes.  I've consulted the other members of the SEB and we have agreed
on this.

> I interpret the "rule change" - effective 1/1/2000 - to mean that it will be
> legal for 1999, but I would like your ruling to present in the case that
> someone else does not interpret it this way.

This also assumes that you made no otherwise illegal modifications in
order to accomodate the turbo swap.  In other words, someone might
still be able to protest your car on some other turbo-related rules issue
that did not directly question the legality of backdating the turbocharger
itself.

GH