the age old question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: the age old question
From: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 01:23:21 GMT
All,

With all this talk about how bigger is not nessicarally better, This makes
me rethink my next tire purchase, I am probally going to purchase Kumhos. I
did not see enough of a diffrence to warrant the extra cost and reduced life
of the Hoosiers/G-forces.  This leads me to my next question. Do Kumhos like
to be oversized? My car has 7" wheels, and 225/50/16 is the reccomended
size. I am running 245/45/16 hoosiers with mixed results. My previous R-1's
were faster in the wider size, I don't think the hoosiers are.  also @ the
Harrisburg pro  The fastest car was on the smallest tires, The kumho's were
obviously Much faster off the start. then the hoosier or BFG clad cars.
Mostly because of gearing I'm sure, but they were only 195's If Kumho's are
like hoosiers and like more wheel then I know what to purchase.

Thanks
Jeff