Re: DTN blurb

To: oblique@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: DTN blurb
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 01:44:04 EDT
By Paul request, I am sending a bit of info about myself, being one of the
DTN nominees.

I have been on team net a bit over 3 years now, I have asked alot of
questions and started answering as well over the last two or so. I have been
autocrossing over 12 years now, running about 16 local events every year and
hitting a few out of town ones when time permits. I managed a Divisional
Championship a few years back with my GrandAm turbo when it was in CSP which
was a suprise. For some reason, no hot Hondas showed up. I did beat two
Cendiv regulars for it though. I have not traveled out of Cen Div for an
autocross yet, but was hoping to this year.

I enjoy autocrossing and the people involved. My work does not always allow
me the time I would like to devote, so I help out where and when I can. My
background is mostly in electronics, so I have been maintaining timing and PA
equipment for two local clubs. I also have chaired an event, it was much more
demanding then I thought, but I hope to do it again. I have learned from
mistakes and hope to put on a top notch event in an up coming season. I now
know not to use every cone in the truck  ;-)   but some did like the 80
second course. I try to be helpful to newcomers and veterens alike. When a
competitor needs a hand I am one of many in our club willing to help out.
When I have needed a hand, other have stepped in for me so I know how it
feels on both sides. Without the friends the evnts would not be anywhere near
as fun.

I hope to make it to Nationals some time soon, most of my friends have all
beem at least once. If I don't win the DTN this year, I may still try to put
it together to go. The money help would be nice, but I am not going to beg
for it, I am sure the other nominees are just as deserving (if not more so)
than myself, so I will congradulate whoever does get it. I have to thank Mike
Taylor for putting my name in this year. I had to re-read the post to be sure
he was talking about me, but when I thought back about it, I guess I have
done al that. And yes, my TSSCC streak is still un broken after over 7 years.
I keep it up because of the people. I am close to that streak in Chicago
Region SCCA also, but I don't think they kept records on it.

I know very few people outside of this area know me except for a few posts on
team.net so I can only hope I pick up a few votes. Thanks for listening.

Gary Meissner
Running STU at Evansville, and who knows from there.