Yukon / Tahoe

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yukon / Tahoe
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:59:05 -0500
I have a '96 Tahoe 5.7 Vortec with the optional 3.71 LSD and 4x4.  We used
an open trailer hauling the '86 Fiero and got 15.2 mpg from Houston to
Topeka in '97.  In '98 we used brother Joe's Blazer (4.3 v6) and got about
12 mph.  It will pull up to 90 mph, "OK", but the best speed for gas and
general ride is about 72-5.  I use OD, even though many folks warn against
it.  Hell, the thing weighs 6,000 pounds to begin with, if it couldn't pull
in OD it would pull itself!  In hills I do pull it back to 3rd, but only for
the bigun's.

Of course, YMMV
I have 72,000 on it and it's tight as a drum.  Synthetic for every moving
part, transfer case and both differentials.  Jumped the mpg by 2 in all
conditions.

James Rogerson
Houston - Region

ps.  J. D. Kemp would be a good bet since there aren't any night runs for
Sir Lucas to come into play.

BSP - 240Z; AP - RX7 ('83) final build stages; EM - SPL311RX7 (slow hard
work)
Affiliations:  Team Laughing Stock #18; Old Fartz #86; Techless
Enginerring
Nails are Glue, Tape is welding!
 ˇSi no desea trabajar, vaya se!
  http://www.ptra.com/jwalter

Terry Green <tmgreen@fwb.gulf.net>
Subject: Yukon as a tow vehicle?

Hi
 We are thinking about getting a 1998 Yukon and using it as a tow
vehicle. We want to get an enclosed trailer about 18-20 ft, and the
largest car we would ever put in it would be a CRX.  I know that several
folks have Suburbans with tow packages and they seem to pull very well.
Do any of you'all have one, and how do you rate it? How about the
Expedition?  Thanks

Terry Green