Neon Power Steering Fluid pukes @ Solos

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Neon Power Steering Fluid pukes @ Solos
From: JTHOR11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:08:33 EDT
Greetings all!

I know that this is a recurrant problem for Neons... but has anyone come up
with a solution for the boiling / puking power steering fluid problem during
Autocrosses?  We have tried the "it will find its own level" technique... let
it puke until it doesn't puke anymore... but then we get the steering moan.
Could it be a bad O-ring in the cap?  Could it be as simple as replacing the
cap?  I am about to start wrapping a shop rag around the resourvous (sp) when
we run to catch all the spewed fluid.

Anyone have any insights here?

Thanks in advance.

Whoomah!!