Belt brands - is Gates worth all that?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Belt brands - is Gates worth all that?
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:28:17 CDT
I'm replacing belts and find that Gates belts (sold at pro parts stores) are
way higher than Kelly-Springfield, Dayco, and Drive Right (sp?) (sold at DIY
stores AutoZone, Advance Auto parts).

Are the cheaper belts a Bad Idea?  I know Gates is good for quality, but
I'm always trying to find equal quality for a lower price.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS