Re: Tire Rack Heat Cycling

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Rack Heat Cycling
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:17:59 -0500
>But it sounds like your cloverleaf exercise may be just the ticket. Try
>starting at moderate speeds and end up with some real squealers and let
>us know the outcome.
=========================
Well, it may work for the driver's side tires but I suppose I'd have to
either switch the tires, from side to side, on the side of the freeway
or attack the cloverleafs in reverse to heat up the other two tires.
Which I'm sure would get my a nice ticket.  ;^)

>I hear ya. I just got my first ever set of shaved tires. And I think I
>may have made the wrong decision. After one DE weekend at Road Atlanta
>most of the rubber is now gone from the outside edge while I didn't
seem
>to have this problem with full depth Kumhos...
>
>Paul Foster
==========================
I'm still learning but.........If just the shoulder is wearing out then
you're either overdriving the tires or the pressures are too low.  At
least that's my excuse.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."