tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:35:39 -0500
Sorry to rehash what's probably a weekly subject.  I haven't seen much info
on Toyo's race tires.  I know they've been mentioned in the past, but I
didn't save the emails.  I've suddenly found myself interested in them due
to some of the sizes available.  According to their site, the RA-1's have a
treadwear rating of 40.  Are they comparable to Kumho's in terms of stick
and tread life?

Also, I've had some trouble locating a dealer.  Found a local one here in
town, but wanted to do some price comparisons since he seemed rather high.
Anyone know of a mail order place that sells Toyo?  I know that Tirerack and
Discount Direct do not sell them.

Thanx!  Oh, and opinions concerning Toyo quality are very welcome as well
since I'me quite unfamiliar with them.

brad