boat-o-cross

To: RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM
Subject: boat-o-cross
From: Doug Miller <drmiller@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 21:20:36 -0600
>rounds in the USA next year, one in Idaho, the other ... I forget. Wisconsin?

Yup, pretty popular here locally.

>a run of 50-55 seconds. Now I wanna tell ya, these things HANDLE. Driver
comes
>to a turn, cranks that sucker over and it sends A 25-foot rooster tail out as
>it cuts the turn.

Someone told me they pull over 2 g's.

>No pylons. the course loops back and forth through the channels, retracing
>several sections. How do they keep track of where it goes? Each boat has a
>navigator who directs the driver with hand signals, left, right, straight.

Ever notice that they only use the arm on the inside of the boat? the other
hand is strapped down in.
A friend of mine was a naviagator for one of the boats. Broke her back
because the seat was too big, belts too loose, and when the boat rolled
over on a bank
she flopped around in the seat.

Fair amount of ponies in the unlimited class. They run aluminum block cheby's
in a 13 foot thin aluminum hull. typically they count on spectators to run
over and flip them upright if the flop over in the channel and to lift
the boats off of other spectators.....
-doug miller