Re: rules question

To: Christopher Roger Cammack <cmack@WPI.EDU>
Subject: Re: rules question
From: Paul and Meredith Brown <racers@rt66.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 21:34:58 -0600
>if i put nitrous on my csp rx7, am i still legal if i disarm the
>system and don't have the
>bottle in the car when i run, it wouldnt affect the performance if i didnt
>use it. what's the rules say?

It's not entirely clear that the current rules outlaw the use of nitrous.
I think they are intended to do that, but I don't think that they
accomplish it.  The use of nitrogen bearing additives is dissallowed.
Nitrous Oxide is not an "additive".  Just a thought....

As far as the legality of a car in SP trim with everything but the bottle,
that's clearly legal.  Intake and exhaust are (basically) free.  That's all
part of the intake system.  With the bottle gone, the question of nitrous
is removed, and all you have is intake mods.  No problem, even at
Nationals.  Call the tubing a resonation chamber.  It's adjustable, with
the use of the solenoids :-)

Paul and Meredith Brown

MR2:  "Not the easiest car in the world to work on"