Re: Change of Tech Inspection

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>, "Team Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Change of Tech Inspection
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 00:14:59 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Larry R. Metz <lrmetz@home.com>

> Why not have an annual Tech Inspection, rather than having to go thru
> the process every, every event?  Most of the serious drivers take very
> good care of their cars which would warrant saving worker time and
> effort and simplify event operations.  We could develop a little log
> book, to document events and checking etc......

This might work for cars which spend most of their time on the trailer, but
I think it's a bad idea for dual use cars.  There's just too much which
could change between one event and the next -- not a problem in a perfect
world, where everyone would report deficiencies, but this isn't that world.

I'm told that there's a brief safety inspection at road racing events which
is roughly equivilent to what we call Tech Inspection -- so it's not like
the other half doesn't live like we do.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing