goofy canadian rules

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: goofy canadian rules
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:55:42 -0400
Howdy everybody!!!

Has anyone ever taken the time to compare the CACC (Canadian version of
SCCA) and the SCCA Solo rules?

The reason I ask is that last night someone posted some results from a
Canadian/American race and there was a link to the rules for their Stock and
Super Stock (Canadian version of SP) rules.

I kinda like their more real world realistic points system of allowed
modifications for the two "lower" classes.  Gee I wish I could remember that
URL right about now.

Any thoughts?  How did they come to have this variation of our rules?  Are
there any down sides to their points system?  And please don't give me that
same old tired argument of "it'll just make one more thing that newcomers
MUST buy to be competitive".  That dog just won't hunt.

Any thoughts?

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 DS  TLS #13
eric10mm@qni.com

"Dolphin Safe Tuna".
It's okay, unless you happen to be the Tuna.