Re: Datalogger Story (long)--Response

Subject: Re: Datalogger Story (long)--Response
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:04:54 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 Streldoc@aol.com wrote:
>       I would imagine that some of the "clunky" problems you are having with
> your GEEZ software, may be from Byron trying to get the program out ASAP, for
> people to start using.  Updates and changes are constantly being done and
> easy to download from the extremegeez.com web site. I would imagine that
> instead of bitching to the net, that a letter in person to Byron would me
> much more constructive.  But alas, it seems that you must have something to
> spout off about.
[cut recommendation for Geez]

I agree wholeheartedly that Geez! is a very helpful tool and is definately
worth the money I paid for it.  Its helped me a lot.

However, pretty much all of Dennis's comments are ones I've made to myself
and/or Byron directly.  I don't think you need to cut Dennis off at the
knees because he accurately reviews two products and gives his
recommendations and reasons for those recommendations.  One comment he
didn't make that I'll add is that Geez! requires you to run the system
with a dongle, making it very difficult to install and run the software on
a laptop (for track use) and your home computer (for later analysis).

Certainly Geez! and the G-Cube (or G-Analyst, the setup I have) is easier
to install.  Also just as certain, it doesn't provide as much information
as the Edelbrock (or whatever) system Dennis was describing.  I know that
I'd certainly love to have traces for steering wheel position, throttle
position, and brake position along with my G data.  That would help me to
understand what I was doing wrong and how to fix it more than the G data
alone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Geez! stuff and use it constantly.  But I
don't think we need to yell at someone that reviews a competing product
and finds it better for his needs.  Its not like Dennis posted and said
"Geez sucks Duuude!  Get Edelbrock!" afterall.

Mark

ps.  Dennis, I find G-loads of 1.7G lateral to be pretty suspect for an
ESP Talon... How sure are you that the Edelbrock system isn't lying to
you?  Do you have specs on the accelerometer accuracy?