Re: autox heaven

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: autox heaven
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:30:13 -0700

Wait just a dog-gone minute!  Are you telling me that not every region:

Has to wait until April for the first event?
Has to run on postage stamps and chewed up runways?
Doesn't see a big square lot until Topeka?
Doesn't have a concrete site?
Finishes the Season in late October?

Oh boy, it's no wonder I can't win the big one!

AB
Andy Bettencourt
Solo II Stock Class Advisory Committee
Chief Operating Steward, NER
1995 Mazda RX7 R2 - Super Stock
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK 1A

KWall73108@aol.com wrote:

> Looking for input on the coolest summer and warmest winter autoxs.  Ideally
> these locations would have an event every weekend, large smooth event sights
> and good competition.

Easy if you are referring to one place that is both cool in the summer
and warm in the winter. San Diego. Relatively cool summers. About 79-80
outside right now, and sunny. We are normally not muggy and I never see
mosquitos here.  Winters are mild. Typically low 60s and sunny. Great
competition and one of the best surfaces and lot in Qualcomm stadium.
Often more than a mile long fun courses.

With the addition of the Naval Training Center lot, and possible a new
site that is being talked about, we can increase the number of events we
can hold.

More events are within an easy drive in Los Angeles, but we do not have
as many events as every weekend...yet.

Besides, there is more to life than autocrossing. This aint a bad place
to live for the other 6 days of the week.

Another place to consider would be the bay area around San Francisco.
Not quite as temperate, but it has more events and I would consider it
also a great place to live.

The only downside to San Diego, is you probably have to wait until a
National Tour to experience rain autocrossing. But when it happens, it
REALLY happens.

Randy Chase (locationally biased)
In Sandy Eggo