Re: Yoko Nexus

To: oblique@alum.mit.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yoko Nexus
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 18:09:48 GMT
some people may not agree with me but here is my take on tires

I buy the cheapest tire for my size  225/50/16 for the street, these are
pepboys performance tires, made by cooper and pretty decent, except for the
soft sidewall.   for $70 a peice AND pep boys honors  the treadwear
warranty, 40,000 miles, I get a new set every 10,000 because my allignment
and agressive driving wears them out.  so I pay another $70 and get all 4
replaced, the local pep boys are great guys and they don't tell management
that I run the tires hard..  reguardless, the money you save (or I save in
my case) I use to buy the tires I REALLY want to play on, Kumho/BFG/Hoosier
and a extra set of wheels

for me it works but as allways YMMV

Jeff Lloyd