Re: Safety of roll bar/roll cage

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety of roll bar/roll cage
From: "OneTimeCRX Henry C." <hchea@ramapo.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:10:39 -0400
Thanks to all who replied!  After taking different opinions into account
and actually sitting in my car, I have decided to go for a roll bar for
now.  When sitting in my crx, I estimate that the bar that runs along
the top of the door's windowframe towards the A-pillars would be about
1" away from the side of my head, without any foam padding.  With foam
padding, my head would probably rest directly on it, and with my helmet
on, my head would have to be constantly tilted away from the bar.  In
short, I don't think there's room for both the roll cage and me at the
same time.  The same story probably applies with a bar that leads
diagonally from halfway up the roll bar to the front floorpan.  Again,
thanks to all who helped!

--
Cheers,
Henry C.