Rain Tires

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rain Tires
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 05:52:23 -0500
I recently had to increase my rear tire size to 15's due
to a brake upgrade. No problem, I now run 13x10 front
and 15x10 rear, both shod with Hoosiers slicks on Keizer
wheels.

I have a couple sets of 13" rains mounted on some steel
wheels (one set is 20x10x13, the other 24x10x13 -  the
"old" rears), but cannot seem to find any acceptable treaded
tire in the 15x10 size to use for rains for the new rear wheel
size. For clearance reasons, I cannot have anything larger
than  24 or 25"x10x15.

Hoosier doesn't make anything near that size, that I can find.
I already have acquired a set of 15x10 steel wheels.

The expensive way would be to get narrower wheels, front and
rear,  and all new tires to match. That isn't practical at this time.
Soooo,  is there any way I can get some tread on the pavement
in wet conditions using my existing 15x10 wheels??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

George