Re: Canadian Car classes?,

To: "B. Vibert" <blur@ican.net>
Subject: Re: Canadian Car classes?,
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:15:35 -0700
From: B. Vibert <blur@ican.net>

> The CASC-Ontario Region rules can be found here:
> http://www.swbs.com/solo2.html
> The official CASC site can be found here:
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/casc.or/2ndpage.htm but doesn't really have
any Solo
> II info.

Thanks.

> It uses a
> preparation-points type system similar to CACC but is not based on
SCCA rules.

Only our car class listings are SCCA based.  Our CACC Solo Events
rules are closely based on the last version (1991) of the CASC Natonal
Autoslalom Standards.

> Hell, we even have our own Solo e-mail list, info on joining is
here:
> http://home.ican.net/~blur/mail/mail.htm

CACC has had an autcross discussion list for the past three years.
Some eastern Canadian subscribers are also members:  Send a message to
majordomo@pacific-pages.com with "subscribe caccsolo" in the body of
the message.

> The geography of Canada
> makes a National Championship similar to the US not very likely or
practical. I
> know there was some sort of thing in the past but that's before I
started
> competing so I can't comment. The fact that there is no real
communication
> between regions doesn't help matters.

Geography?  How different is it?  There's two coasts and some big
mountains and lakes in the middle.  Apparently there's a nice airport
site in Gimli, Manitoba that's perfect.  I don't see why it is that
much more difficult to host a single site Nationals event in Canada.
Bottom line is if competitors want to find out how they stack up
nationally, they will make the effort to go to Nationals.  SCCA has
competitors from Alaska and Hawaii in Topeka so geography is not an
issue.

> If any Canucks want to discuss Canadian rules without clogging up
team.net they
> can feel free to join the aforementioned e-mail list.

First I think there should be a creation of a Canada-wide list, or at
least a migration to one list (if the server can handle it).  Should
contact Mark Bradakis to find out what's required to support a
national discussion list.  I nkow that Alberta autcrossers also have a
mailing list.   Unity has to begin somewhere.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)