Re: GEEZ course map & accuracy

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GEEZ course map & accuracy
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:37:37 EDT

 Mark Andy writes:

 >Have you ever looked at two runs side by side using
 Geez?  That course map isn't accurate at all.  Don't
 get me wrong, it provides a handy reference to help
 you locate areas of the course, but using it
 to compare lines or anything that requires much
 accuracy is a waste of time. <

The accuracy of comparing map lines is totally irrelevant; you're focusing on
the wrong data.  Instead concentrate on the g-levels from the instantaneous
statistics chart as you single-click through the course.  It will be obvious
whether or not you are maximizing the friction circle, which should be your
main focus.  As long as you're generally on a respectable line and maximizing
the friction circle for your vehicle you'll be pretty close to the minimum
potential time.  From the many runs I've observed the problem for most
drivers is that they aren't running the outer envelope of the friction circle
for their vehicle, not that they're on the wrong line.

M Sipe