Re: CACC Solo Re: Canadian Car classes?,

To: <caccsolo@pacific-pages.com>, "Reijo Silvennoinen" <rase@istar.ca>
Subject: Re: CACC Solo Re: Canadian Car classes?,
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:40:28 -0700
From: B. Vibert <blur@ican.net>

> I think the problem would be that for most people in Canada it's
just as far to
> go to Topeka and you know there would be lots of national level
competition. I
> think we're a long ways from having a Canadian Championship at this
point. We
> could call it that but not many people would show up.

If you build it, they will come.   I know that anyone who was around
for the last Nationals (1991) would most likely go.  Let's be
realistic.  We certainly won't get the 900+ numbers that show up in
Topeka but it's better that you start small so you can iron out
logistics and administrative issues.  I know for a fact that a lot of
CACC drivers would definitely go to prove themselves nationally.

> I've just started a new e-mail list for Canucks to discuss such
things. Dunno
> if it will do any good but why not. At least we can discuss snow
tires and
> ski-doo slaloms on it.
>
> Info on joining can be found here:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/solocanada

I'd recommend that the regional big wigs from across Canada give this
a try.  I know that there's talent out there that can pull this kind
of undertaking off.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)