mazda help/$1500 challenge

To: autox@autox.team.net, joshlocklear@juno.com
Subject: mazda help/$1500 challenge
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:30:40 -0400
With some luck and a couple of cans of spray paint, look
for us at the GRM $1500 Challenge in the "MG13B",
that is, a junkyard MGB powered by a junkyard streetported
13b rotary with all the junkyard tricks.  We are already
registered but what remains to be seen is whether or not
we can actually get the car together!

Jon Felton, Director
National Auto Sport Association, Virginia Region
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/6503/autox
NEXT AUTOCROSS: September 12 at VA Motorsports Park

------------------------------

>Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 01:07:27 -0400
>From: Joshua L Locklear <joshlocklear@juno.com>
>Subject: mazda help/$1500 challenge
>
><<<SNIP>>> may even make it to Florida for the
>Grassroots Motorsports $1500 challenge.  BTW, is anyone else thinking
>about participating in the event?  It seems well-suited to the TLS/TSOL
>crowd... as a $1500 car would be a good candidate for membership in both
>these groups.
<<<SNIP>>>

    For those of you who don't subscribe to GRM, the $1500 Challenge is
basically a contest to see who can build the best production-based race
car for $1500 or less.  The cars will be judged in 3 events: a drag race,
an autocross, and a concours judging.  Those who suck at autocross can
opt to have multi-time solo champ Danny Shields drive their car for them.
 All cars must be road-worthy (headlights, brakelights, mirrors, turn
signals, windshield), and can't be single-seaters or tubeframe cars.  Any
engine swaps are legal... mods are pretty much unlimited within the $1500
budget.  So far, I only have about $250 in the Mazda, so I have quite a
bit of room left.  More details are available on their website at
www.grmotorsports.com.

Thanks again,
Josh Locklear
joshlocklear@juno.com
Ohio Valley Region #24 HS '88 Toyota Camry
and now introducing "Rex,"  #7 CS '84 Mazda RX-7