Re: Autocross Insurance Claim (more details, long)

To: Jonathan Roberts <jorober5@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Autocross Insurance Claim (more details, long)
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:09:25 -0500
Jonathan Roberts wrote:

...  I was working start so
> I didn't see exactly what happened, but from all accounts and skidmarks
> here's what I think happened. There was a dragstrip type start with the
> first turn coming at the very top of second gear (a bit over 50mph)....

Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune.  No one likes to deal with the
occasional reality that there is some risk in this sport.  Funny thing
though, I don't know any of the real circumstances and I certainly was
not there, but it seems that the risk might have been minimized had
there not been a drag race start topping out in 2nd gear followed by a
(presumably) sharp turn with a curb only 40 feet beyond.  Like I said, I
was not there and don't really know...just something I thought about.
I'm sorry your car got banged up.  I'm also glad Jen is O.K. and I bet
she has a great story after some time :)
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese