Re: Used car appraisals, Where are they done?

To: barbara.leroy-boehme@conexant.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Used car appraisals, Where are they done?
From: 95 GSR <TurboTage@geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:51:49 -0700
I have found in the past that modifications generally don't increase the
value of a car and sometimes even decrease it.  For example my 95 Integra
GSR wheels cost $450/each from the dealer.  Now if I replace the factory
wheels with some fancy racing wheels on there that cost $350/each, I'm
actually decreasing the value of it.  Same thing will go for exhaust
systems, shocks, springs, sway bars, etc.  I believe the only time mods will
add value is when the part you replace something with is worth more than the
original part, and it has to be a somewhat generally desirable part.

Take it from a guy who got his car stolen with $10K worth of mods with all
receipts yet only got KBB value ("excellent condition") after 3 months of
arbitration.

Tage...