Proposal for D Mod

To: autox@autox.team.net, SCCA71@aol.com, Krooks@planetkc.com,
Subject: Proposal for D Mod
From: DUELRACER@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:17:50 EDT
I am forwarding a letter to the list by request of the author to get input
from D Mod and E Mod drivers.  Thanks

Paul Poore
Davison Racing
Richard D. Davison, Sr.
3807 W. 47th Street
Roeland Park, KS 66205

June 24, 1999
SCCA Solo Events Board
Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
9033 E. Easter Place
Englewood, CO 80112

Dear SCCA Solo Events Board:

There has been a rule change suggestion regarding the D Mod class.  The
minimum weight for the class would be raised 180 pounds. A vehicle would be
weighed with the driver in it.  In my opinion this proposed rule change would
be a step in the right direction, but does not go far enough.  A six foot
three inch, 220 pound driver would already be discriminated against by this
rule.
My proposal would be to increase the minimum weight for the class to 1,400
pounds.  This would not only make allowance for any drivers weight, but would
also equalize the class for not only Lotus, but also for many smaller
production line cars.  I would also propose, that we drop the tubing chassis
rule because after all what is a Lotus Super 7 and all the subsequent knock
off kit cars of the Super 7, but tubing chassis kit cars.  D Mod is after all
a modified class and a very good outlet for innovation and creative design.
An equivalent weight increase could also be proposed for the E Mod class.

I feel that a move such as this could substantially increase the number of
participants in this class.  I sincerely hope that my proposal will be given
serious consideration.  Thank you for you time if you would like to discuss
this with me further or have any question please feel free to call me at
(deleted).

Incidentally this proposed change would not cause the D Mod National
Championship winner of last year to have to add any weight to his car to
comply with this change.

Sincerely,

Richard Davison, SR.
Club Member # R249027