re: Phantomitus

To: "Autox List" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Phantomitus
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:14:16 -0700
Katie Kelly wrote:

>I just want to alert you all to a terrible disease that afflicts a
few
>people travelling through the Vancouver, BC area. It's called
>"Phantomitus."
>Luckily, it is not contagious. You have to come into direct contact
>with the
>bug for it to contaminate your blood, skin, and yes, even your
>thoughts.

My name is Cliff...and I'm ..an A-Mod-aholic.  Like Katie, I too
suffer from acute Phantomitus.  It's been almost a year now and I
still can't get back to a regular autocross program in a
production-based car.  Now I'm just taking it one day at a time.
Sometimes I still get the shakes and cravings for extreme speed.
There is no cure, only treatment.  Those wanting to reduce the
crippling effects of Phantomitus should condition themselves and work
up to higher performance levels like trying a shifter kart or
something approaching A-Mod.  "I'd sell you the good stuff, but you
just can't handle it, kid."

Welcome to the support group, KK.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)