Re: Suburban towing capabilities

To: psosborn@gte.net
Subject: Re: Suburban towing capabilities
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:33:03 EDT
I'm not a "Chevy Guy" but I do know that Chevy and Ford over step what the
trucks will do for the long haul. I have a 1998 F150 Ford stepside that I use
to pull an enclosed 18ft Haulmark trailer. It has the 4.6 Litre V-8 and
inside the trailer is a
1200lb car! and its not enough. Here in the midwest when the wind really blows
(Thats all summer) it suffers for power. Lots of the time going to places
like Texas,
OKC, Wichita or Muskogee. I find myself shifting down to get the rpm's up to
3000
to pull long hills. Buy a long wheelbase diesel "Duelly" and be done with it.

Mike B. TLS#1