STU Proposal - Next Steps

To: autox@autox.team.net, werace4u@aol.com
Subject: STU Proposal - Next Steps
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:14:26 -0400
Well, it's been a couple of weeks now since we finished the STU rules change
proposal. I know that lots of people have sent letters to the SEB supporting the
proposal (big thanks to everyone who has!) and that the word is starting to get
around.

I haven't heard a peep out of Denver yet, but that's not suprising or bad -
there's been a Pro during this time period, and Nationals is coming up real
quick, so I suspect that our friends in Denver are pretty busy.

Besides, we are a Next Year Problem, not a "fix this before Nationals!" problem,
so I think we may be on the back burner for the time being.

That doesn't mean, however, that we should be letting up or slacking off when it
comes to getting the message out. :)

So as I see it, here's our next steps:

1) We have to try and make more/better contact with more of the target audience
mailing lists and support groups. I've got the Talon Digest covered for the DSM
guys, has anyone told our story to the Honda lists, the Acura lists, the Grand
Prix lists etc? Can I get some names of people willing to do a little pro-SCCA,
autocross, and ST/STU evangilizing?

I may well make a STU web page to act as an introduction to autocross, the SCCA,
and STU with a more general information focus if y'all think it's needed.

2) We have to get the Regional Solo Co-ordinators on board. I've got Detroit and
NWOR covered, how about the other regions?

3) We need to bring up our cause at one of the Town Hall meetings in Topeka.
However, I'm not real sure _which_ Town Hall meeting we should be targeting. I
see a Stock/SP Town Hall, and a Prepared/Mod Town Hall, where is Street Touring
slotted in for discussion?

Anybody got any other ideas?

DG