Re: DC gets tired of SCCA

To: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: DC gets tired of SCCA
From: Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:58:41 -0400
At 02:57 PM 08/16/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Jason Bowles wrote:
> >
> > Why does everyone thing that the ACR is some special package like the SS
> > for Camaro?
>
>In my eyes eyes, for showroom stock, it is. Showroom stock requires a
>STOCK car. Stock alignment and stock SHOCKS. To my knowledge the ACR
>comes with much better shocks than the non ACR model. Same goes for the
>Miata R.

This is true I was looking at that portion from a solo-II where any strut
can be used.

> > You could do the same thing with the R/T or any of the 95-96 Sport Coupes
> > or Sport Sedans. Only difference would be having to replace the hubs more
> > often because of a 2mm flange difference.
>
>Yeah, but that's looking at it from a SoloII stock perspective. Not from
>an SSC road racing perspective.

You can get any of those cars with the same options as an ACR. minus the
larger hubs and koni struts or better arvins. Same engine same swaybars
same springs.

I am thinking in the tems of models for racing like the Cobra or Cobra R or
SS or 1LE Where the options cannot be gotten on another car such as the
transmission or engine hp output.