RE: Miata R shocks

To: "'Steve Ashcraft'" <ashcraft2@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Miata R shocks
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:33:04 -0700
Just another route to do the same thing - on the front, remove the upper
A-arm inner bolt -it's a long sucker, but pretty easy to get in/out,
althought an assistant helps.  Also, this keep the alignment from getting
changed when doing the same approach on the lower control arm.  Be sure to
weight the car (I use cinder blocks and a 4x4 block of wood under two of the
studs with the lug nuts threaded on) before tighthening it though - keeps
from having the 'quattro Miata' look.

I cannot say that I've done the 'tongue' approach, but it seem reasonable,
and would remove the need to do the weighting down.

One rear, you just need to undo the rear sway bar, and get a heavy assistant
to lever down the suspension (read, stand on it) - don't have to und _any_
of the suspension that way.

P.S. - if autocrossing in BS, compare the Koni perch groove for the 'R' car
with the Bilstein perch - myself and others think Koni got them just a tad
too low.

Good Luck,

Kevin McCormick