Re: The DC Theorem

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The DC Theorem
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Jason Bowles wrote:
> I dont understand why everyone is putting this as them damn Germans don't
> want to support grassroots motorsports in the US.
> Nothing to do with the merger at all. It just makes me wonder about the
> 2001 ACR..I hope they don't can it because of this.

I agree 100%.  Chrysler built a car to the rules (without making it some
psycho limited non-streetable 'street car' btw.  I bought an ACR because
I _liked it for the street_ before I even knew about autox) and did very
well. So then, instead of other manufacturers being forces to step up and
do something similar (which would benefit all enthusiasts), the SCCA
changed the rules and screwed Chrysler along with all enthusiasts.  If I
were Chrysler, I'd take my ball and go home as well.

All for some misguided goal of 'parity'.  As if racers give a crap about
manufacturer parity.  Racers care a LOT about beating other racers and not
going broke and that's it.  Chrysler helped many of them in the long run
by making a cheap car that paid good contingency and performed well.  Last
I heard, the SCCA was supposed to represent the racers.

Mark