Insurance Fraud and Drivers Ed

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Insurance Fraud and Drivers Ed
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:33:59 -0400
This story was written a bit cockeyed. This 'hotshoe' actually rented
the track the week before a PCA club race to 'practice'. He asked what
the lap record was before he went out. He was so bad the track personnel
laughed their asses off. He crumpled the car badly enough so he could
not compete in the PCA club race. Then he went out and did it again.

But I have to take exception to this talk about banning stopwatches and
insurance not covering drivers eds. Both are common practices. I have a
Hot Lap in my car and I would tell anybody who told me to remove it to
go suck an egg. There is no better way to evaluate your progress as a
driver. As far as insurance covering drivers eds, most do. If they
didn't do you think most people would take their $120K 911TTS or $250K
Ferrari Testarossas onto the track?

Unfortunately, such lamebrained people are the reason we all have a bad
reputation....

Paul Foster