Re: Interesting article on Insurance and Drivers schools

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting article on Insurance and Drivers schools
From: Bob Dickey <bdickey1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:43:20 -0500
Similar story, less wheels.
Many moons ago, when I was younger, thinner and dumber, I road raced
motorcycles. At one of the races at Texas World Speedway, a fellow
wadded up his street bike-cum-racer. Next race, a month later, he shows
up with a brand new bike with all the old go-fast goodies on it. Knowing
his financial status (enlisted wanker in the Air Farce), I was curious
how he had afforded the new ride.
His story: On the way home from the previous race, he got in the back of
the van while his wife drove on the outskirts of San Antonio, He tossed
himself and the bike (sans number plates) out the back of the van at
about 45 mph! Wife calls 911, says he was run off the road, he goes to
base hospital, Insurance company totals bike and sends him a check. He
buys a new bike, buys the old bike for $100 as salvage and puts the
go-faster stuff on the new bike.
Funny story. Stupid guy, but a funny story. Sheesh, what we'll do to
race...
--
Bob /Simple Solutions http://www2.netcom.com/~bdickey1/SS.html
Panther City Racing/TX http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/3012