Re: Flippin' Kumhos Thanks!

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flippin' Kumhos Thanks!
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:24:52 -0500
"Any comments on the shaving vs. full tread question?"

On our under powered/camber challenged Spec Rx7's we run em at full
tread (awesome rain tire, see http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/99irpds.html
).  The fronts wear down the outside shoulder so we rotate and later
flip em on the rim.  I think the heavier FS cars shave them since they
generate a lot more heat.  YMMV.  (test driving an 89 Firebird tomorrow,
hee hee)

>PS.  You shure kicked our butts at Topeka!  (directed at Jeff Cashmore)

So he MUST be cheating, right??  ;^)

Aw jeez, Eric my cars been poked and prodded so much they would've found
something a long time ago.  And I promise to never, ever forget my
helmet back in the paddock.  :)  FYI,
http://www.nrscca.com/st_results1999.htm has the results up.
--
Jeff Cashmore