Re: Tire Rack

To: "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>, "Mari L Clements" <mrndr2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Tire Rack
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:31:10 -0400
> The last set of Kumhos we ordered from Tire Rack were ordered on Thursday
>
> and got here on Friday.  Yes, that's right, 24 hours.  Regular UPS ground
> shipping.
> The set before took 2 days--you gotta love Tire Rack!

I do love Tire Rack.  I ordered up some BFG Comp T/As over the weekend.  On
Monday I got a call from a sales rep who was concerned that these tires
might rub.  I explained my intended usage (daily driver, occasional autox),
and he suggested the Dunlop SP Sport 4000 in 205/55/15 (shorter and wider
than the stock 195/60/15 size of my Saturn SC2).  The Dunlops arrived this
morning.  Can you tell I'm impressed? :)  Someday, once I snag an extra set
of rims for the SC2, this is how I'll get my race tires...

    - Justin
      '83 BMW 320i ST (may be retired?)
      '95 Saturn SC2 ES (purchased as a daily driver, but it hauls butt,
too...)