famous members

To: autox@autox.team.net (team.net)
Subject: famous members
From: Newms911@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:04:03 EDT
sometime around 1969-1970, my father went to a SCCA national conference (or
somthing similar) in atlanta. one of the events there involved all
participants driving a MGB around a 30 sec "speed trial".  The details are
sketchy as mostly all of this is only as it has been told to me, but the
results are certain as we have the results on paper from the event.  Dad did
pretty well coming in 12th out of many drivers.  In second place that day in
that MGB... Mark Donahue.  Maybe some older members could fill in the blanks.

Rick Newman