Re: My first NCCC event/now street tire classes (again ... sigh)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My first NCCC event/now street tire classes (again ... sigh)
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:31:29 -0500
> >Maybe we should start PAXing the sticky tired folks

R tires bring a lot of drivers a LOT more enjoyment from autox.  The LAST
thing we need is another batch of classes.  It's really getting ridiculous.
Let's face it, NOT EVERYONE IS GONNA BE COMPETITIVE.  Many people think the
SCCA needs to take some cues from the import drag guys.  The biggest
difference between "them" and "us"?  Numbers of classes.  A "victory" in a
class of one is pretty hollow, but we're almost there.  Over a hundred cars
show up at a typical event around here and the fattest class might have 8-10
drivers.  I can see that getting to be a drag.

-brad