Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: Jim & Marilyn Rohn <rohns@doitnow.com>
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:38:14 -0700
Jim & Marilyn Rohn wrote:

> ....... Hey, if one person attends ALL the required events in a series, they
> have *earned* their one
> person class 1st place trophy. The idea is to keep people happy, and if
> they're happy "winning" without competition, so be it ...

Still no sale here (Jim and I have discussed this concept a 'few' times
before).

I really believe that few folks accept the "earned" statement for simply
"showing up". Even those with those "trophies" on their shelf. There simply is
no correlation between the two.

It would make more sense to group single cars into Paxed groups......but this
time I think into Stock/Pax, SP/Pax, Prep/Pax, and Mod/Pax rather than the one
"catch-all" combined class we (here in Phoenix) tried before.

Probably no fewer trophies handed out, but then at least each would have
*some* meaning and real value.......

My two cents worth, as well as humble opinion.

Scott Meyers
More than a little old-fashioned about things like this

(I would favor a nice "prize" rather than a trophy, but nothing indicating a
"victory")