Re: My first NCCC event/now street tire classes (again ... sigh)

To: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>, solo2@uswest.net
Subject: Re: My first NCCC event/now street tire classes (again ... sigh)
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:20:53 -0700 (MST)
At 2:58 PM 8/22/99, Ben Thatcher / Scott Meyers wrote:

snip

>> Come to Phoenix now to enjoy this class in local SCCA events. We
>> have three
>> Novice and three Street Tire classes. I have heard that other
>> regions also
>> provide this class (We Pax ours).
>
>Maybe we should start PAXing the sticky tired folks

not fair to the others though, because the RULES allow the tires. Let the
"open" classes stay "open" and provide a PAX'd Street Tire class (or 2 or
3) for all the whiners (the ones that choose NOT to equip their cars as the
rules allow)

> and let everyone else
>run the regular class structure (at least in Stock and SP).

*I* call that approach bass-ackwards ...

*IF* you have enough to create another (local) class, do so. As history has
shown here, the "other" classes suffer slightly from attendance, however
you then create another, highly competitive super-class. Hey, if one person
attends ALL the required events in a series, they have *earned* their one
person classs 1st place trophy. The idea is to keep people happy, and if
they're happy "winning" without competition, so be it ...

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing
Scottsdale, AZ

yeah, we went thru this ... 15 years ago .... !