Re: No Bumping of Single Cars?

To: solo2@uswest.net
Subject: Re: No Bumping of Single Cars?
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:20:17 -0700
Appendix B.  It was always a recommended bumping order should a region
want to do bumping.  I quote (from the '97 book, latest one I have
handy, I doubt it's changed):

"Bumping" is not approved for championship events.  However, the
following bumping order is recommended for regional events in cases
where a class is to be combined with another class.

And then it goes on to explain how to use the order.  It's about
combining classes to make a large enough class.  It's not about a
competitor choosing to compete in a "faster" class than the one to which
his car is assigned.  If a car isn't legal for a particular class, then
it isn't legal.  It doesn't matter whether or not that class is
theoretically faster or slower than the "correct" one.

Josh