Re: No Bumping of Single Cars?

To: "Scott Meyers" <solo2@uswest.net>, <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: No Bumping of Single Cars?
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:02:56 -0500
Scott wrote:

>Wondering if the sixth place guy or gal feels 'hosed' or
'disrespected' if trophies
>only go five deep in a class of nine?  After all, it wasn't
THEIR fault........  :-)

>Where will this flawed logic end?

The flawed logic here is that a trophy in one class is or should
be precisely equivalent to a trophy in some other class. That'll
never happen. There will always be classes with tougher
competition than others, and the "tough" classes will tend to
change locally from year to year, depending on who just changed
cars, took up golf, road racing, moved away, came back after a
long absence from the sport, etc.

If your definition of "success" is totally external - i.e., you
"won" something - I would suggest you have issues that Solo II
competition is not likely to solve. My recommended therapy: give
it a break. The real winners aren't always the ones with plaques
in their trophy cases.

Jay