Re: Type R info, Civic Question (was: Re: M3s and Neons and Type Rs,

To: Jarrod Igou <jigou@dmreg.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Type R info, Civic Question (was: Re: M3s and Neons and Type Rs,
From: khschenk@SHRSYS.HSLC.ORG
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:37:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jarrod Igou wrote:

> Oh, and while I'm taking up space: I've got a friend looking at the
> new Civic Si, with the new VTEC motor. He's in the Seattle area, and
> the dealers (2 that he's checked with, one in Renton and one in
> Bremerton) have both tacked $2,800 onto the sticker price of the
> cars, as a "Market Value Adjustment." They aren't doing that
> here....has anyone else seen that on the Civics?
>
> Jarrod Igou
> 99 Integra GS-R
> Des Moines

Here in South Jersey, I did not have to pay any dealer mark up, but didn't
get any discounts.  Full retail.  That hurts just typing it.  I had to
wait a week for delivery since the dealer was a high volume dealer.  All
the others in the area had a six to eight week waiting list.

Kurt Schenk
1999 Blue ES Honda Civic Coupe Si
South Jersey Region SCCA