Re: M3 LTW...?

To: "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>, "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: M3 LTW...?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:22:25 -0400
> So put them on separate lines, both in CSP.  Would update/backdate for
> an M3 offer enough advantage to overcome the aluminum door skins, et. al
> that the Lightweight gets?

Yes.  I saw it happen with my own eyes while running timing on Sunday.  Both
drivers have held the course FTD at various points this year (same course
all year).  Each run was faster than the other car's last.  Yet in the end,
the 4-door M3 beat out the M3 Lightweight.  Having teched the 4-door in the
past, I can say that its mods would put it in CSP, and it did not have any
mods specific to the LTW.  Some of the closest and best racing I've ever
seen!

    - Justin